You guys may have heard the news – I’m married!!! I have so much to tell you guys about it, but I am crazy busy this week and I want to take the proper time to write my wedding blog post. So I will have it up at some point soon I promise! For now, pick up this weeks issue of Us Weekly that’s on stands tomorrow!!! They have a bunch of photos from the wedding that I can’t wait for you guys to see.
Also, a new episode of Love Buzz is up! In this episode we talk all about Rachel as our new Bachelorette. It’s such a fun episode and I really think you guys are going to love it!
Now let’s talk about last night’s episode. First, the montage of Raven dancing around in the snow after spending the night with Nick was pretty funny but also totally awkward. If he ends up with Vanessa, it must have been infuriating for her to watch! Sex usually isn’t talked about so blatantly on the show. I mean, we can all assume that the couples have had sex – many and most do from what other Bachelor/ette’s have told me. But it’s normally not talked about. Or made to seem like sleeping with multiple people in one week in normal. I’m not saying Nick is doing anything wrong by sleeping with more than one woman, but I’m not saying it’s right either. It’s just part of this really weird experience for some people. I also found it so weird how we were hearing about Raven having sex with Nick one moment, and then immediately switching to romantic music playing for his date with Rachel. I couldn’t make the switch in my head so easily.
Speaking of Rachel, she continues to impress me. I just love listening to her talk! I think it’s because she is so well spoken and always has something meaningful and intelligent to say. While watching her date with Nick, I was more focused on her and how excited I am to watch her as the Bachelorette than focusing on their date or connection. There wasn’t really any point in focusing on their date or relationship because well – we knew she wasn’t ending up with him – and of course we saw her go home later in the episode. But I will say that I totally felt like they had the best connection while watching their date. If I didn’t know she was the Bachelorette, I would have thought they ended up together. And it was really hard to see her cry when she was sent home. You can tell she was blindsided. Especially after the conversation they had about opening up about love. The hard thing about this show is that you are almost always blindsided at this point if you’re sent home.
Some of you have emailed me or tweeted me asking if I think the producers asked Nick to send Rachel home so they could cast her as the first black Bachelroette. I absolutely do NOT think this is the case. The show would never ask Nick to not choose someone in the end just so they could cast them as the next Bachelorette. They would have been happy to see Nick end up with Rachel. It just wasn’t meant to be.
I’ll talk more about Rachel later in this post. So let’s talk about Vanessa. Oh my gosh – I would have totally got sent home multiple times by now if I was Vanessa. First, the Zero G date. I would have been WAY too scared and not have gone on it. And now the FREEZING cold ice bath date. I would have HATED doing that.
I know Nick and Vanessa were both questioning their relationship in last night’s episode, but I can’t figure out if they really are concerned or if it’s edited to seem like they have huge concerns. I mean, the serious music playing in the background is making it seem very dramatic. Ha! I also think that Nick feels so strongly about this relationship that he is LOOKING for something to be wrong. Like he is diving into things with Vanessa that he wouldn’t with the other girls because their relationships are more surface level. Whereas his relationship with Vanessa is deeper. I dunno. Just a thought. Also, I think Nick is trying to throw us off. It has been pretty obvious all season that they have the best connection, so I think he and the producers are trying to keep us guessing until the end.
Now the Woman Tell All. I found this WTA extremely uncomfortable to watch. The women were pretty tough on each other. Here are some takeaways:
– The girls had a lot of anger. Towards Taylor. Towards Corrine.
– The women seem to really rally behind Liz.
– People/The audience really love Corrine. Despite everything she has said and done, people love her. This is not the last we will see of her. Not only will she be on this season of Bachelor in Paradise (no it wasn’t announced I am just assuming), but I think she will be in future Bachelor shows. Whether it’s a second season of Bachelor in Paradise or as a contestant on ANOTHER season of the Bachelor.
– Kristina and her story are so inspiring! I really hope she finds her happily ever after!
– I think Nick handled himself extremely well. The girls threw some tough questions at him and he handled it all with respect and empathy. I have to agree with Nick that being the Bachelor or Bachelorette is EXTREMELY difficult. I have always said that I so much preferred being a contestant on the show than being the lead. Like Nick said, everything you do and say makes some people happy and upsets others. It’s not easy. That said, I do agree with the girls that at some points he did say things to get the girls to say I love you, only to send them home shortly afterwards. But in his defense, it’s a weird situation to be in and you don’t always make the right decisions. Especially when millions are watching.
Who do you guys think Nick will end up with in the end? Raven or Vanessa? Let’s discuss in the comments below!