UPDATE: Congrats to the winners of the giveaway Jordan Noelle and her sister/bestie Rachelle! You guys both won and will be getting emails shortly about receiving your Born shoes! But don’t worry if you didn’t win, I will be doing another giveaway SUPER soon! Within a month for sure! xoxo
Have you guys heard of the law of attraction? Well, in case you haven’t, it basically means that if you live your life as though something has already come into your life, you will attract that certain thing into your life. For example, one thing I used to always remember when I was single is that the law of attraction says that if you want to attract a significant other into your life then you need to make room for them in your life. So do things like leave space for them in your closet to hang their clothes and park on one side of your driveway to leave room for another person’s car. Basically, create that space for the person to come into your life. Well, I’m using the law of attraction today to will a vacation into my life! Ha!
I’m not even kidding. Kevin and I both really want to go on a little babymoon vacation before our second baby arrives. However, it was so much easier the first time around when I was pregnant with Molly because we didn’t have a little one to look after. With this second pregnancy, I feel like we keep procrastinating and putting it off. Not only do we want to take a babymoon, but our one-year anniversary is coming up on March 3rd so we thought that weekend would be the perfect time! We could celebrate our first year as husband and wife as well as the baby!
So anyway, today in the blog I’m showing you guys what I did to plan for that trip that we don’t even have planned yet. Ha! That’s right, I legitimately already packed a suitcase for our unplanned trip because I plan on attracting that vacation into my life!
While I was packing, I realized that there are really three rules I live by when packing for a vacation and I thought today would be the perfect opportunity to share them with all of you!
- Roll your clothes. By rolling your clothes in your suitcase when you pack, it not only allows you to pack much more, but it helps keep your clothes from wrinkling during the trip. So I always roll my clothes when packing. But quick caveat with this one, make sure you don’t pack a huge suitcase with tightly rolled clothes because it will almost certainly go over the weight limit when you try to check your bag. So I always pack a medium-size suitcase with rolled close. That way I’m not lugging around a huge suitcase, all my clothes stay wrinkle free, and I’m able to pack Molly’s little suitcase full of clothes! Including her SUPER CUTE Born kids shoes. What I love about these shoes for kids is they are so comfy for her and just darling! I once got her a cheap pair of shoes that gave her blisters and it broke my heart. Never again. We loves her Born kids shoes. They make her feet happy and mommy happy!
- Only pack two pairs of shoes. Look, I would love more shoes but let’s face it, they take up a lot of room in your suitcase! If you pack more than two pairs, chances are you won’t have much room left over for clothes. So I always pick two pairs of comfortable, versatile, and of course super cute shoes to pack when I go on trips! My absolutely favorite shoes to pack for trips are Børn Footwear shoes. You guys have heard me talk about Børn shoes before because I just love them. The quality of their shoes is so good, they’re ridiculously cute and right on trend, and most importantly for me right now (because I’m pregnant), they are extremely comfortable! Every one of their shoes has a padded sole that makes my toes very happy! Ha! Us girls like our shoes to be super cute but comfortable too right? And us pregnant girls especially like our shoes to be comfortable!
- Pack a ton of swimsuits! Obviously, I’m trying to attract a tropical vacation into my life. And I always pack at least a dozen swimsuits when I go to a tropical location. Why? Well, I try to spend at least 95% of my time by a pool when I’m on vacation so really do I need more than a swimsuit? Plus the more clothes I pack, the more I’m setting myself up to be away from the pool. This mama wants a virgin cocktail in her hand, earbuds in her ears, and the sun on her face 😉
So those are my three rules on packing for vacation. Now I’m gonna break down my outfits for you guys!
First, you absolutely have to have a good travel outfit when going on vacation. I not only have a go-to jumpsuit that I wear pretty much every single time I fly, but I also have a rule about shoes when I travel. And that rule is, always wear close toed shoes when traveling. I kid you not, I’ve been on flights where people have put their feet in between the side of the plane in my seat and their bare feet are right next to my arm. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It’s so disgusting! So cover up your feet when flying! No one wants to look at your bare feet! Even if they are perfectly manicured 😉 And always bring socks if you’re not wearing them already! For example, I absolutely love the CAYO loafers I’m wearing in the photo below, but because I don’t want to wear socks with them, I will definitely put socks in my bag to throw on when I’m on the plane and when I’m going through TSA security. I always cringe when I go through TSA and I see people walking barefoot. It’s so gross! So cover up those tootsies and bring socks people! And if you love my CAYO loafers as much as I do (I also own them in black – so chic!), you can get them for 15% off right now! Just use my code ALILUVSBORN2 at checkout.
And my go-to outfit when flying is a black jumpsuit. The jumpsuit I’m wearing in these photos is a maternity jumpsuit that’s also breastfeeding friendly. It’s such an essential piece of clothing for any moms that are traveling with little ones or any women who are traveling pregnant. I even wear it all the time when I’m not pregnant or breast-feeding. It’s just so comfortable! And I threw in a cute hat because I thought it made the look feel more vacationy like I’m going to a beach! And super cute luggage doesn’t hurt either! I’m obsessed with this rose gold luggage that I just got. I specifically ordered it for this imaginary trip. Ha!
You also want a comfortable walking look when going on vacation. Since I spend so much time at the beach and pool when I’m vacation, I’d like to cover up my legs and arms a little bit for my exploring looks because I don’t wanna get too much sun. Protecting your skin is so important and the best way to do that is to not only wear sunscreen, but also cover up your arms and legs. But I certainly don’t want to look like I’m dressed for fall, so I’m packing a lightweight long-sleeved soft blue shirt that just screams beach vacation to me! To keep the vacay feel, I paired it with a super lightweight comfortable pair of white maternity jeans. And since I’m gonna be walking around a lot in this look, I need to have comfortable shoes so I’m able to explore my new destination AND I can wear them on the plane. Remember I said I only bring two pairs of shoes so I have to make sure my shoes work for different looks!
And finally, you have to have a super comfortable sandal that not only works for when you go to the pool, but is also comfortable enough to wear when you’re walking around whatever beautiful resort you’re at! That’s why I am so obsessed with the MAI EASY sandal by Børn. The sandal is so versatile, and as you can see from the photos below, you can wear with a beach cover-up, a mini dress, a long maxi dress or even with jeans or shorts! It just goes with absolutely everything! And you really need a great neutral sandal like this if you’re only gonna pack two pairs of shoes. It also has a super padded insole that makes it really comfortable, which I love. And the ankle strap makes it a great walking shoe as well. And of course you can use my 15% off code for these too! (Code: ALILUVSBORN2). Outfit details on every look I’m wearing are below each picture! Just click on the links to shop the looks!
And you can’t go without seeing the little video I put together with my friends at Juicebox Media! I normally share only photos on my blog but I starting to think about doing more video! Watch the video below and let me know what you guys think! Should I do more like this? Do you like it? Tell me in the comments below! We had SOOOO much fun making it 🙂
And finally, I am so excited to tell you guys that I partnered up with Børn and they have agreed to give two pairs of Børn shoes away to two of my followers! One pair for you AND one for your bestie! This is all you have to do to enter.
- Tag a friend on either my Instagram post or Facebook post (which will be up later this morning) where I’m wearing my Børn shoes. Because that friend will also win if you win! And winning is so much better when we get to do it with our bestie!
- And the only other thing you have to do is comment below telling me which of the Born shoes I’m wearing is your favorite and why!
I had so much fun last time we did a giveaway like this and I promise you guys I would do another one. So here it is! But don’t worry if you don’t win, because like I mentioned above, you can still get a pair of Børn shoes for yourself for 15% off with my code ALILUVSBORN2.